Curleys Partner in Chapter 4 of of Rodents and Men Essay

Home work: due twelfth January 2011

Curley's better half in Phase 4

1 ) What does Curley's wife indicate when she says, ‘They kept all the weakened ones here'?

2 . Condition the three points that you believe are most critical about Curley's wife's persona, situation or perhaps behaviour with this chapter.

a few. Find and copy down the quotations which usually show just how Crooks handles the threats of Curley's wife. What exactly is she harmful, and how come Crooks behave in the way he does?

four. What is Candy referring to if he says that Curley's better half ‘can approach quiet'?

5. (Links to question 2) How does Curley's wife find to you with this extract? Assess how this lady has been portrayed before to how she is now.

6th. How do you think Lennie sees Curley's better half now?

Expansion:

There are some descriptions in this draw out which recommend disturbance. These create a feelings for the last events in the novel. Find these, and comment on these people.

Answers:

1 . when Curleys wife says they left all the fragile ones below I think the girl with referring to the truth that because of their instances; candy, criminals & Lennie were not capable of browsing whore residence like the other men. Curelys wife is usually suggesting they are weaker for their incapacity to join some of the activities other males can.

2 . In this chapter I think that Curleys wife comes across while unkind cruel and unpleasant. She emits the thoughts that the girl likes sense higher than others and the lady seems as though she is often rather dishonest which has a inclination to lie.

several. " criminals stared hopelessy at her and then sat down on his bunkk and drew into himself"

i actually wrote i think candy says curleys better half can, move quite because he is making reference to and notifying the very fact that curley; s better half is quite underhanded in what the girl does since she triggers problems and appears for trouble without being seen or been told by others specifically curley

Links: to problem 2) How does Curley's better half come across to you in this extract? Compare just how she has been portrayed ahead of to just how she is at this point.

6. How do you think Lennie feels about Curley's wife at this point?

Extension:

There are a few descriptions from this extract which in turn suggest disturbance. These create a mood for the final occasions in the new. Find these types of, and comment on them.

Answers:

1 . the moment Curleys partner says they will left all of the weak types here I do believe she is talking about the reality that due to their circumstances; candies, crooks & Lennie were not capable of visiting the whore house just like the other guys. Curelys wife is indicating that they are weakened because of their incapacity to take part in a few of the activities different men can easily.

2 . From this chapter I do think that Curleys wife results in as unkind cruel and nasty. The girl gives off the impressions that she enjoys feeling above others and she seems as though she can be quite deceitful with a inclination to lay.

3. " crooks looked hopelessy in her after which sat down on his bunkk and received into himself"

i composed in my opinion candies says curleys wife can, move quite because he is usually making mention of the and notifying the fact that curley; s i9000 wife is pretty sly in what she does as the lady causes complications and looks to get trouble without having to be seen or perhaps heard from other folks especially curley

How Does Cheng’s «The Planners» and Atwood’s «The Metropolis Planners» Present the Modern Environment We Reside in? Essay